Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

safely shipping a DB

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by slapfish, Nov 29, 2002.

1. slapfish

slapfish

Jul 16, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    hey all...

I graduated from college in May, and due to uncertainty about availability of space in my new apartment, had to part ways with my DB. I moved out to Chicago, and it went home with my parents to NJ. Now that I'm more settled, I'd like to get it back out here, hopefully without someone having to drive it out in a truck or whatever. Are there any reputable services any of you might have used that specialize in musical instruments or other fragile articles? It's been six months, so I'm starting to go through withdrawal...I miss my baby...

2. s7on3d

s7on3d

Jun 26, 2002
    Ra'anana, Israel
    I'm not sure if it would work, but call a music shop in NJ (one that carries pianos, DB's and other BIG instruments) and ask them how they ship goods when they have to. thay may be able to take care of it for you (for a not-so-minimal fee), or they may be able to name a national service that woll take care of it. Maybe Fed-EX........ it'll cost you a ton but I'm pretty sure it'll arrive safe if you pack it well and warn them how fragile it is. I've always wondered how people tour the world with a DB; anyone know?