Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sage Francis

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 19, 2003.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    This guy is a rapper who is way ahead of his time. He doesn't drink or smoke or talk about gangs or violence or whatever. He's sarcastic alot and he's really honest, alot of times I would never think his lyrics would be from a rapper. Well if anyone is interested check out: www.sagefrancis.net

If you can find his songs on kazaa or whatever, check out "different" or "crack pipes", those are my favorite. Personal Journals is a really good cd.

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Sage Francis is the SHIZNITE!

If you like him, I highly reccommend Aesop Rock and Atmosphere, though they're a bit more neurotic, they've got killer skills.

Also, anyone else on the Def Jux label is killer.

FINALLY someone else knows who he is!

3. His song "Come Come Now" is pretty cool...

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The only Sage Francis I have heard were Freestyle battles and jams with friends of his.

and while he is a very talented rapper, I find, often times his flow is hindered by rhyming abstractions that kind of bog down what he is trying to say.

he has a very smooth flow, and I like his style, but for my money I'd take Aesop rock, ADeeM, Atmosphere, or MC paul barman as far as white rappers go.

5. havent listened to him yet, but gotta give him cred for being on Epitaph records.

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    underground MCs have to get love from whoever will give it ;)

7. Ha ha, one of our local hip-hop crews, who go by PFD, have a song dissing Sage Francis, because in an interview he apparently said something about English people can't rap....I don't know the whole story though...and the name of the diss is a bit rude to post up on here. ;)

8. sage francis obviously hasnt heard The Streets then :D

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hahahah that 2nd reply is lame "Alllrighty then..."

Whatever

Yeah man Aesop Rock is really good. He's very abscract and alot of times I'm just like what is he thinking? Atmosphere is cool too, I just read a good interview with him and I think I'm gonna buy God Loves Ugly. I saw him and Murs at warped tour and it was so good. They attracted so many people that probably never gave rap a chance.

If you guys wanna hear some really cool and funny stuff check out Sage Francis' kinda bootleg cd The Known Unsoldier: Still Sick of Waging War. It's mostly live and poorly recorded stuff. "Mermaids are sluts" is really amazing despite the title.