1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD SALE G&L L2500 Tribute

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by hoyabill, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SALE G&L L2500 Tribute

Currently strung with TI Jazz flats in great shape. Also included are the virtually unused roundwound strings that the bass came with.

I am the original owner. Bought new from Rocketmusic and the bass has only left my non-smoking house a few times. Never gigged. It’s in great shape.

****DESCRIPTION****
    It's a G&L L-2500 Tribute 5-string fretted bass. The Tribute part means it was manufactured in Indonesia. However, the preamp/electronics are the same as the US version. Very playable, and it's more affordable than its American counterpart.

This bass is awesome, and the preamp especially gives the player a great deal of control over their tone. You can dial in tons of classic bass tones; the versatility is amazing.

This bass features a carved top, and super playable.

****PRICE/TERMS****
    $497 shipped via UPS ground.
    The price really is firm. PAYPAL only. CONUS only.
    Sorry, no trade interests at this time. Not meaning to be rude but I will ignore trade queries and requests in order to not waste time (yours or mine).

Review from Bassics Magazine:

http://www.glguitars.com/reviews/L2500.asp

Quotation from that review:
    While the G&L bass line is not exactly ubiquitous, they do seem to be popular with many players. Although he has never actually played an L-2500, Nashville studioman Dave Pomeroy, who owns a pair of fretted and fretless mid '80s L-2000s (the similarly equipped 4-string version), finds them "massive sounding". He also describes them as "reliable, solid, versatile instruments that have never let me down. I especially like the series/parallel switch - it's almost like an amp sound. Being able to bypass the active circuit to get a more 'vintage' sound is also a cool feature."

And Harry DeBusk noted, "Everything I got from it was some variation on a P-bass tone…unexpected from a 2-pickup bass. This might be why you liked it in a band/ensemble setting. That P-bass midrange is fabulous there." Harry would've preferred a pickup blend knob over the 3-position selector switch and felt the finish was, "one of the best-applied finishes I've seen - right up there with custom work. Quite impressive." His conclusion was that, "if a player is looking for a 5-string P-bass, this is it."

Obviously the G&L L-2500 is an instrument steeped in the tradition of Leo Fender, but with the added flexibility and advantages of active electronics and a 5-string configuration. Overall, a very solid, well-made instrument with a "modern-vintage" sound.

Attached Files:

2. Here are two more pictures.

Attached Files:

3. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Does this have the active/passive switch? How much does it weigh? Thanks

4. About the switches:
    All components of the bass are proprietary G&L including the tuners, pickups and bridge, and the electronic are quite flexible yet simple. There are only three knobs - VOLUME, TREBLE AND BASS, and three switches - PICKUP SELECTOR, SERIES/PARALLEL switch (2-position, series [bass boost]; parallel [bass cut]), and ACTIVE/PASSIVE switch (3-position - preamp off, on, on with treble boost. Even in the passive mode, the L-2500 presents a smooth, firm sound, but the "killer" switch is the SERIES/PARALLEL - when you flick it to the forward position (series), the entire sound detonates. But that low end attenuation introduces noise from the otherwise silent electronics.

Re. the weight I don't know and don't have a reliable scale in the house. It is certainly not a light instrument. None of 2500s are..

5. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Thanks for the info. Not ready to jump in yet. Sounds like a killer deal for someone with a strong back

6. Sold pending payment

7. Paid and now going to Florida. Thanks to all for the questions and interest.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.