Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sale/Keep Epi Jack Casady or Warwick Flashback??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimothy60, Sep 18, 2004.

1. I need to sale on of my bass guitars and I'm not sure which one to sale. I need to sale a Epi Jack Casady Signature or a Warwick Fortress Flashback. Both are in same shape, both fit my style. I need "unbiased 3rd party" suggestions. I think I can get more bread for the Warwick. What would you bass freaks do?

Why selling? I need the bread!

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Sell the Warwick. The Casady is more versatile IMHO.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Sell me the warwick?

4. The Casady more versatile? With only one pickup and no preamp, hollowbodied it couldn't possibly be as versatile as the Flashback? And I just love the looks of the Flashback. Metallic finish with lipstick pickups is just darn cool.

5. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eyebrow:

Yeah, obviously, a single-p-up, passive, preampless, hollowbody out of cheaper woods will surely be more versatile than a bass with single and double-p-ups, preamp and made of exotic woods (its a wenge-necked one, right?) :p

The W would fetch much more because its worth much more. And its no longer available

6. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Have you played a Casady? Don't discount the single pickup and no preamp. Amazing versatility. But truly, just go with what you enjoy playing. That's all that matters.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    No, but this defies logic

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Sounds more like "assumptions" than "logic" to me.

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    have pics of the flashback?

10. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Or me?

11. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    sell the Epi. i played two over the past couple years. one had like rusted flats on it and it was horrible. the other had roundwounds on it and it sounded horrible. like a gibson EB 0 with the highs and mids off and the bass turned up to like 50 to where it is not even audible. horrible!

12. Ya, know. I did another "litmus" test on the Epi Jack Casady & the Warwick Flashback and I think I'm gonna sale the Warwick. The Epi seems to have much more attack to it, which fits my finger string smashing style (which comes from too many years of playing out of crappy amps and PAs) . I do like the Warwick cause it is such a collectible (sniff) and is nice. Maybe I need to put some new strings on the old Warwick, but I have a feeling that won't do my thang.

The Epi has really good reviews
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Bass/Data4/Epiphone/Jack-Casady-Signature-01.html

I guess I'll put the Fortress on ol' E-bay. :crying:

13. I would keep the Warwick, but I'm biased, I have a Flashback 5 myself....

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id keep the Warwick.

15. The casidy is way cooler than any warwick. Way more mojo.

16. The Flashback doesn't look at all like any other Warwick. Pearloid pickguard, lipstick pickups, 2Tek bridge...mojo out the wazoo.

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Looking at your influence and by your screenname, I'd keep the Casidy.

18. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Need pic of the Warwick please.

19. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd keep the Jack.

20. This is up for sale on e-bay (Warwick Fortress Flashback Bass w/HSC)