Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sale of dealer Used/demo gear

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by TheAmpNerd, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd

Apr 25, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Hey,

What is the deal with this stuff?

Half the time you let them post it, because I've
    seen it and posted etc.

The other times you close the thread etc....

What is the deal?

Oh yeah, when I complained about it too, the
    "moderators" they pompously deleted my posts.
    I think my comments were so what, but
    wanted a lower price or something,
    then a lot of pissing and moaning ensued.

I guess it is okay for a dealer to post gear
    if they are a gold supporting member or something?

Just want to know.

2. Rules & FAQ:

Rule # 5 : If you have a disagreement with a moderator (If your thread gets deleted, if you get a warning, etc.), DO NOT post your complaint publicly on the forums. If you have a problem with a moderator's actions, PM or email the moderator privately. If the moderator's response is unsatisfactory, email the administor (username: Paul).

We take all complaints seriously, but posting your dissatisfaction publicly will result in a rule violation.

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    First of all, this is a post that really should be PM'd to a moderator. If one chooses to be rather finicky about things, this could be a violation of the rules (i.e. questioning a moderator).

Second, I don't remember there being any dealers posting recently without having their threads closed or deleted. The dealers that have posted without knowing have usually apologized and taken their posts off themselves. I specifically recall one dealer who was actually NOT a dealer anymore that posted gear, a big thread about it ensued, and lots of tempers flared. The most recent posts by Char-Lee seemed to be a little sketchy. HeavyDuty is apparently investigating them and will reopen the threads if he indeed is no longer a dealer.

Last, I see that you're from the Dallas area. We're having a TalkBass get-together on July 31, and it'd be awesome if you could be there :D There is a thread about it in Off Topic, so if you haven't already seen it and posted (which I don't think you have!) then you should take a look and try to be there!! :)

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

nope commercial is forbidden no matter who you think you are.

and you might want to delete this thread ASAP and also if you see a dealer in classifieds... use the "report post" thingy

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The moderators dont catch all the post by dealers also.

If you see one report it by clicking that little "!" in the post.

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nick speaks the truth.

TheAmpNerd, if you have specific questions or comments, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.