1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sale only - Benavente Vintage Vortex 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Wademeister63, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I'm really gonna do it this time!! I've loved this bass for a few years now but I'm really needing to get some cash so I can replace my worn out car.

The bass is in very good condition and it plays and sounds every bit as good as it looks. It does have a couple small burn marks on the head near the detuner, but they are under the finish so I guess Chris intended for them to be there =) Also a couple small dings on the body edge around by the output jack that weren't intended. I tried hard to get a decent pic of the dings but had a real tough time really showing them. The biggest one is round and about .160 diameter. Almost looks like someone tried to start a screw in it or something. Not horrible but worth mention since it does go through the finish. There are a couple other small dings around there but nothing major.

Originally came with a wide pickup at the neck position and I had Brian at The Low End change it to a narrow and put on a new pickguard. The original guard and pickup will go with the bass. The black case shown is also included. Has the original Suhr preamp which is a monster, and the volume knob pulls up to bypass the preamp.

All hipshot hardware, 1.5" Jazz-width brass nut, 34" scale, 19mm adjustable bridge spacing, weight right about 9.1 pounds. The color seems to vary a lot depending on the lighting, but The pic with it in the yellow case probably is the closest to what you will usually see in person. Not sure what else to say about it but feel free to ask questions.

$1600 shipped CONUS only, paypal preferred.

Lounging in my poorly lit apartment:
    DSCN2827.
    DSCN2828.

Laying flat to catch some light:
    DSCN2789.

Even looks good from the back! You can see where the gloss headstock finish ends leaving the rest satin. The neck feels perfect.
    DSCN2793.

Old pic showing the wide pickup at the neck position:
    vvbenkc5.

Fun in the sun!
    vv6-1.

Accurate color under typical lighting conditions:
    DSCN2562.

Group shot also shows the color pretty well. Notice who's got the strap! ;)
    DSCN2680.

Thumbnails for the bad stuff. BAH!!
    th_DSCN2819. th_DSCN2798.

2. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Ok knock off a hundred bucks.

$1500 shipped. Includes the case.

DSCN2602.

3. Wademeister63

Wademeister63