1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

sam as it ever was...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I'm starting to feel like Eddie Harris

Bennie Bailey passed on April 14th...

2. Actually you are reminding me of one of my grandmothers. She was a walking obituary and sickness information service. Nobody died or coughed within 16 miles without her knowing about. One difference in you and her though, was that she thoroughly enjoyed sharing the info.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Apparently that was the deal with Eddie Harris, cats would be on tour and waiting down by the bus or at the airport at mroning call and Eddie would come up and say "Hey you know who died?" I think they started calling him the Undertaker, or something like that.

Well like my buddy Matt always says, "all the great men in the world are dying, and I don't feel too well myself..."

4. Alexi David

Alexi David

May 15, 2003
    NYC
    Christ.............he was wonderful!!! :crying: