Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam Ash getting desperate?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by clef360, Nov 9, 2003.

1. check this out
    http://www.samash.com/home/

They're giving away a free guitar with purchases over $400. Sounds like a pretty nice deal if you want a cheap acoustic.

2. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    this is just annoying becuase i am in England and if i were to order anything it would end up getting broken!:bawl:

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    And those Carlo Robeli guitars they offer for free probably cost them about $8 a piece.

5. they're probably better than the clear acrylic acoustic guitar i'm planning on making. :D

6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Trying to get a job at Sam ash sucks azz...

After you get called in for the FIRST interview (75% dont even get called back for the FIRST interview :meh: ) you get to take a... Lets call it a "Truth Test" 98 questions, 36 of them asking if you 'steal' things, in different ways... like here is one;

"Using the phones in the Sam Ash office for Personal Buisness or Pleasure isnt really stealing is it?"

and

"Taking Pen's and Pencil's from work isnt stealing" (T/F)

Then if you pass that test :rolleyes: you get to go in for the SECOND interview... YAY!!!!!! (not really)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Every retail job I've applied for has a test like that.

8. No Bryan, they're more like $5 a piece. :p :D

I've also noticed that in the past year or so, Sam Ash has been having crazy blow-out sales like Musiciansfriend sometimes has. Hey, I guess it's what one has to do to stay competitive.

Those Yamaha BB-1500s that MF was giving away about two months ago for $199 was the craziest sale I've ever seen.

Mike

9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Its because the "Internet Takes a BIG chunk out of our sales" or so the guy said, Wich is understandable...

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sounds a little high to me.

11. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Back in the late 70s there was a mail order dealer that advertised in Guitar Player every month.

They had a special deal for a while: a FREE Les Paul with any Marshall stack, a FREE Rick 4001 with any SVT.