Sam Ash getting desperate?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by clef360, Nov 9, 2003.

1. check this out
    http://www.samash.com/home/

They're giving away a free guitar with purchases over $400. Sounds like a pretty nice deal if you want a cheap acoustic.

2. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    this is just annoying becuase i am in England and if i were to order anything it would end up getting broken!:bawl:

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    And those Carlo Robeli guitars they offer for free probably cost them about $8 a piece.

5. they're probably better than the clear acrylic acoustic guitar i'm planning on making. :D

6. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Trying to get a job at Sam ash sucks azz...

After you get called in for the FIRST interview (75% dont even get called back for the FIRST interview :meh: ) you get to take a... Lets call it a "Truth Test" 98 questions, 36 of them asking if you 'steal' things, in different ways... like here is one;

"Using the phones in the Sam Ash office for Personal Buisness or Pleasure isnt really stealing is it?"

and

"Taking Pen's and Pencil's from work isnt stealing" (T/F)

Then if you pass that test :rolleyes: you get to go in for the SECOND interview... YAY!!!!!! (not really)

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Every retail job I've applied for has a test like that.

8. No Bryan, they're more like $5 a piece. :p :D

I've also noticed that in the past year or so, Sam Ash has been having crazy blow-out sales like Musiciansfriend sometimes has. Hey, I guess it's what one has to do to stay competitive.

Those Yamaha BB-1500s that MF was giving away about two months ago for $199 was the craziest sale I've ever seen.

Mike

9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Its because the "Internet Takes a BIG chunk out of our sales" or so the guy said, Wich is understandable...

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sounds a little high to me.

11. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Back in the late 70s there was a mail order dealer that advertised in Guitar Player every month.

They had a special deal for a while: a FREE Les Paul with any Marshall stack, a FREE Rick 4001 with any SVT.