sam rivers bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jose1318, Jul 4, 2002.

1. jose1318

Jul 4, 2002
    hey i was just wondering. what bass does limp bizket's sam rivers use in the "my generation" video or what bass does he usually use. thanks bye
  2. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Warwick thumb with red LEDs on the fret dots right?
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Close, a Warwick Stream Stage II with Sims LEDs and a mono rail bridge.
  4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    before using warwick he used to play on a SR885 with modification
  5. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Here's the truth:

He uses an "Ibanez" because that is his sponsor. But the "Ibanez" he uses WAS a Warwick Streamer Stage I. A guitar tech removed the Warwick logo, pickups, anything warwick, and re-did it with Ibanez stuff (I believe he also changed the bridge from the 2 piece to a monorail system, but not sure).
    He then stained it black and the LEDs were already in it, so Sam had his signature "Ibanez."

Ibanez has yet to make this bass. They tried a little to reach the warwick buyer with the BTB series (sam has played those too), but it hasn't caught on as well.
  6. Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    maybe thats true, but sam appears in the list of supported artists in, and also in the credits of csathdfw (last record) warwick basses appears as used gear/endorsement. so maybe that bass (ive got a pic of it, i can show you the bass rojo was talkin about - or so i think) is a modified one, but he uses warwick streamer stage IIs.
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    From what I read in Bass Player, he used to play Ibanez basses.
    He has since switched over to Warwick. He did have Ibanez modify the bridge to a monorail on at least one of them, and had LED's installed on the black one (a fretless, I believe). He has a few different Warwicks, all of them are Streamer Stage II's.

I can go dig out my old issue of Bass Player to make sure, but I am too lazy to right now.:)
  8. stinkyrypoo

stinkyrypoo Guest

Jul 1, 2002
    north florida, USA
    I live up the street from sam, me and him are good freinds and he plays warwicks now. He used to play ibanez, but hey, who doesnt turn down a warwick.:D
  9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    In a way i believe you because you are in America, but in another way i think you are full of it, in a freindly kind of manner :D :p

Doesnt he use the Ibanez in a few film clips or is that just me?
  10. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Well, I learned the Ibanez info over a year ago. And you are correct... Who wouldn't take a Warwick sponsorship? I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he changed over.
  11. stinkyrypoo

stinkyrypoo Guest

Jul 1, 2002
    north florida, USA
    i understand you think im full of it, people can be anyone or anything in chat/im/forum things. I live in jacksonville florida, 3 houses down from him (at least were he grew up). I cant give you any other information because he is a freind and i will get sued. I have been to his new house many times, and we chill all the time. I have some pics and i will scan em tonight (friday july 5th).
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What? Like celebrities are only friends with other celebrities, or are on some other planet, and only land on earth to play shows and record signings?

My best friend chris is good friends with Lifehouse and Tantric, and a country boy the folks across the pond might know named Les Richardson.

Course, sometimes, some of the people I've met, SHOULD be on another planet....