Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam Rivers' Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by reveille_509, Oct 12, 2000.

1. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    I think Sam Rivers' bass is so cool! (you know, from Limp Bizkit) Although I dont really like Fred Durst. Anyway, did anyone see this thing. The inlays are orange lights. I dont know about you but i wouldnt mind having my inlays light up! (just imagine Cliff Burton playing "pulling teeth" on stage with a black light on him with glowing orange inlays) I just wanna know what ya think about his bass.

2. I think it´s pretty cool... but concidering what the "operation" costs I think it´s only for guys with ALOT of money... so it´s cool for him :)

I also dislike Fred.. He´s a good singer and all but he just has some SERIOUS attitude problem imo! :(

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Shouldn't this be under "Basses" - there is a similar thread there currently, or maybe "Bassists"?

4. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    Hey,
    I'll admit I was under the influence of a certain substance, (such like I am now)when I posted it. But I didnt see another thread askin about Sam Rivers'bass somewhere else.

5. matthew low-end

matthew low-end

Aug 12, 2005
    i just built red led's in my bass neck, 9V battery, looks really cool! it's very easy to do it yourself, just put 1 - and 1 + wire connected to a 9V battery in you neck, connect the led's and bingo!

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

This is a 5-year old thread!!! :eek:

We probably have members who weren't alive when this thread first appeared!! ;)

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've seen several +4 year old threads being bumped today, maybe it's a new trend?

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Those who forget history *don't use the search feature* are destined to repeat it *fill the foruims with the same question over and over again*

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've noticed it a lot too, and most of them, that I've found are people looking for quick answers, not four years later.

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i thought all the old threads were archived and read only?

11. 8 year bump! had to do this...

12. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Yikes, not only is this thread ancient, but i thought it was about Dave Holland. Guess it would be if it was over on the DB side.

13. Sam Rivers is an underrated bass player that should be renowned for innovative style and melodic bass lines in the NuMetal Limp Bizkit. He has been one of my main influences in my bass playing, sound, and rig. For one the inlays on his bass light up red in his black warwick and light up green in his green warwick, which is pretty cool and super original from his part.

14. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    The musical value added by illuminated neck inlays is immeasurable.

iJazz - Super original always outweighs musically inspired.