Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam River's bassneck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by C//LiMBa, Sep 1, 2003.

1. i think he plays a warwick, but i want to know form wich brand the neck is with the lights in it (he's got one with red and one with green lights)

cant find a picture of it right now...

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]

His basses (and necks) are Warwicks. He had them custom fitted with fretboard LED's by Sim's Custom over in England.

3. its not done by sim´s warwick also add leds if u order it..........

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sam Rivers is a client of Sims. Check their artist list on their website.

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    It's defintley done by Sim's.

6. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    I was down at Dana B. Goods a few months ago and saw a really cool Fretless thumb 4 with LED's in it- factory installed but I'm not sure about Sam River's bass.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Warwick definitely doesn't do it. They offer it as an option but it's done by Sims.

8. is there anybody here who has done his neck with leds??

9. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    has anyone seen his chrome warwick? i just wondered if this was a coated, or what, but i think it looks awesome!!

10. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    my appologies, i didn't realize there was another thread on this bass......
    -smitcat-

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you do a search for LEDs, you'll find several threads with TBers talking about their basses with LEDs and pics of many of them. I'm having a set of red ones put in my custom that's being built now.