Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sam Rivers New WAL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Senor SQUID, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I know everyone hates Limp Bizkit so I don't need any "OFF" comments I just thought I would share some pictires of his new bass. I think it's real SCHWEET!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Any "gay" comments?

Nice bass BTW, but maybe you should replace the word "gay" with something else.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Is it the old Wal Pro series (or whatever its called, I dont remember)? The picguard and the wood looks really like it

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    This is his second WAL. He owns 2 fours( 1 21 fret & 1 24 fret) and 1 5 string(24 fret)

5. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Whenever I used to post anything about Sam people would use words such as that and many others.

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    This is off the WAL website:
    Custom Wal Mach I. What makes this unusual is the black pick-guard. It gives the impression of an old Pro Series Wal, but with Custom electronics. What else makes this bass special?? It is the current axe of Sam Rivers, bassist for Limp Bizkit. The band is busy writing and recording their latest album, on which Wal Basses will undoubtedly be heard. Other features on this bass include a rosewood fretboard, chrome hardware, and a translucent red finish over flamed maple facings.

7. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    So, then I was half right - but this is just an imitation of a Pro, not a real one :smug: :D

8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    All I know is that it is a real WAL not a fake one bro.

9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Sorry bro I did not mean to offend anyone. I wish I could afford a bass like that but my son is 3 now and all my $$ goes to his new hobbies. Maybe one day my wife will buy it for me--yeaah right!

10. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Real Wal, Pro imitation and laughing smilies...

11. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That red one in the pics reminds me of Geddy's old red Wal.

12. 0557

Apr 12, 2004
    Its a Wal mach 1 custom with a pickguard like the old pro series models. Looks great to me.

RM