sam rivers playing wals now?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Jan 11, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    jut on the wal website. seems that sam has 3 wals and 2 of them are 4 stringers. i wonder if hell be using them from now on as opposed to his warwicks? interesting, nevertheless.
  2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    r they still together? Havent heard anything from them for a bit!
  3. I heard they got their original guitar player back and are currently working on songs culled from ideas "given" to them from the GC guitar player contest...

I mean, they're writing their own material ;)
  4. maybe he'll use both?
  5. The new album is supposed to be amazing, mind you those words are thrown around quite a lot..
    Wes is back too, I dig his work quite a lot!
    I'll probably buy it when it comes out.
  6. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    yes, wes borlando is back on LB, and i saw a recen photo of them in thes studio and wes was playing the cello :eek:

also, the wal page says that sam rivers owns those wals, maybe he doesnt play them with LB, i played in a woprld famous band and could afford all the gear i want, ill have for sure a wal......
  7. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    there is a ton of recording photos of sam using his 4 string wal. so i think he will be using it for sure.

what i do find funny though is that its a mach 2, birdseye maple facings, stock electronics and such. sort of sounds like a justin chancellor thing. i wonder if sam played one of justins and liked enough to get one.