Sam Rivers

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cyklone777, Feb 5, 2001.

1. Does anybody else think he's a damn talented bassist? Yeah, Limp Bizkit may be a bunch of cock-rock a**holes, but Sam sure knows how to lay down a melodic bassline.

[Edited by Chris A on 02-06-2001 at 06:42 PM]
  2. P.S. sorry if this has been done before, I was ****ing bored :)
  3. soundofphysics

Jul 17, 2000
    i wouldn't call him great, but iw ouldn't call him bad, he has some catch lines, but they get knda boring, but i think he does get less credit then he deserves jsut cause his band are total losers, lol. i wouldn't call myself a fan of his playing but i wouldn't say i can't stand i the way i would with fieldy from krap.
  4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think he´s pretty cool
  5. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    definately one of my favorite bassists and a big inspiration to me. i love his agression and his tonal change from one album to the next. his wicked crunchy tone on the first album is awesome and his energy on stage is great. i love Sam, he rocks.
  6. I also think another underrated bassist just cuz he's in a "nu-metal" band is Tobin Esperance of Papa Roach. He doesn't just follow the guitar riff, and he actually has sense to use higher-end basses (he uses Lakland).
  7. Sam is a good bassist. He is is one of my favs. His basslines are fun to play. Yeah he probably does get less credit because limp bizkit is going down hill. They used to rock but now i get bored listening to their stuff. Sometimes i'll just put it on to listen to sam's basslines though ;) There is my two-cents.
  8. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Sam has some funky beats, definitely one of the better bassists of the "rap-rock revolution".
  9. TT

Feb 14, 2001
    Personnaly I think Tim from RATM is better :)
  10. All three of the musicians in Limp Bizkit are talented at their instruments, (especially John Otto on Drums), if they kill Fred Durst they'd be a pretty rocking band!
  11. Yeah John Otto is an amazing drummer. They should drop Durst and DJ Lethal and form a trio.
  12. bassguy187

Jun 27, 2000
    Nazo, PA
    I think the LB bassist sux but not as much as the band sux, because i hate all rap metal, just about, cuz its played out and its boring, the only rap metal band that have talent in my opinion are rage against the machine and the deftones.
  13. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I was wondering, first of all, what do you guys think of Sam Rivers, or Limp Bizket in general? I am not going to get up here and say that the man can play his instrument all that well, but they seem to have some cool ideas, while having bad ones as well. I also wanted to know if anybody knows what kind of bass he plays.
  14. nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    he plays an ibanez i think.. Right??????
  15. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    does anybody know what kind off Ibenez, if that is the case?
  16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    and I like Rick Skatore best, and 24-7-SPYZ did that stuff ten years ago...

Thumbs up for Rick, wherever you are now...
  18. metalloid

metalloid Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2001
    First off: This year, Guitar World awarded Limp Bizkit with the "Worst Band" award.

At the same time, Wes Boreland was nominated for good qualities in other categories (not sure which).

I think Wes is awesome at guitar, he gets an awesome sound.

Fred appears nice on the interviews, but I think he does alot behind people's backs.

I must state, Mark Tremonti got best rock guitarist once again...Keep on rockin Creed!

Just my $0.02
  19. He uses Warwick basses now, ever since they did Woodstock '99. That bass that has the light-up dots on the fretboard is a Warwick. Not sure what model though.
    By the way, that link is old, because it says Wes uses Ibanez UV-7 guitars, but most everybody knows he's been using PRS guitars for awhile now. Just thought I'd mention that.
  20. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Sam uses a Warwick Streamer Stage II in Nirvana black finish with sims led inlays, and a Warwick Streamer Stage I in a birdseye maple finish. Both basses have the Ibanez saddle bridge which is on the Ibanez BTB model basses. Those are the only 2 basses he uses now.

Before that he used a Ibanez BTB custom which i thought was VERY ugly.

And even before that he used Ibanez SR885's. And one Ibanez Presteige SR1005 or something like that.

<a href="">Sam's Ibanez Presteige</a>
    <a href="">Sam's Ibanez SR885</a>
    <a href="">Sam's Streamer Stage II</a>
    <a href="">Sam's ugly BTB custom</a>
    <a href="">Sam's Streamer Stage I</a>

Just a breif history lesson on sam's basses. hehe :D