sam rivers?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by punkfunkfreak, Aug 7, 2002.

1. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    comments? thoughts?

I think on three dollar bill is where his skill shone thru, same as the rest of the band (apart from dj whatever-the-hell his name is.).....
    Just from then on it kinda went um....bland and uninspiring. If you think about it 3$ bill was a bloody good album....

i like his tone on this record too....
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I don't like their music, although "Nookie" was cool. I do, however, like Sam Rivers. At least he CAN play. The only thing I hate about him, was the time he purposely broke his bass, so that the bass tech couldn't fix it. Then Fredrica Durst cursed him out on stage and had the crowd "boo the bass tech".:rolleyes: After the show, they stranded him in Boston, and the guys @ Warwick sent him some money for a plane ticket back to LA. There's NO excuse for that! :mad:
  3. awit a second... who was the bass tech, who is freicana durst, and who made who boo the bass etch?
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL! Fredrica is Fred. I gave him a feminine name!
  5. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    jhon sam and definately wes have some serious talent.

and why does no-one listen to 3$ bill, it kicks the other albums to the gutter.

freds an a hole tho.
  6. Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    I really like his lines on "Counterfeit" and "My Way." I never heard that story about the bass tech before. I won't bitch about Fred Durst because he seems to get of on it. I'm glad he's kind of gone away for awhile.
  7. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    umm WES! dam now limp bizkit really sux after he left....
  8. I personally can't stand him or the band. I'm not going to say he can't play, he is actually pretty talented, but I think his playing lacks soul.
  9. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    i love sam rivers' stlye

i dare say he's a genius when it comes to melodic yet groovy lines. some of them are just amazing in my opinion. it's a shame he's wasted on the fred durst show.

and yes, in my opinion limp died with wes leaving.
  10. I have to say that Limp Bizkit as a band is pretty good but fred durst takes all the credibility and sincerity out of the music. I always thought the band (barring fred) was pretty tight and made good music. With a good and not such an egotistical singer that band would have been unstoppable.
  11. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    damn straight. the band minus fred and plus wes would be imo one of the most creative bands weve had for a long time.

I really cant express enough how technically time consuming and detailed their first album was. And how much i respect them all *apart from fred*......

anyone that doesnt agree should listen to 3$ bill in its entirity rather than jump on the "i hate limp" bandwagon.
  12. Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001
    I think Sam Rivers is an excellent bass player, he's very melodic and has a brilliant groove. I love his lines for My Way, and (especially) Rearranged.

I don't like Fred Durst though - whiny voiced git.
  13. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Get Wes back and boot Fred and the DJ. I think John and Samn have a good deal of talent, plus Wes being back...Id buy the CD.
  14. savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002

the vocals of limp bizkit.
  15. just get Fred Durst out of there. He's an azzhole.

I always liked sams work. I think he comes up with creative basslines that are real melodic and compliment the rest of the song well. Too bad Fred ruins everything. $3 was the best album. They would def. been one of the best metal bands if they stuck with it. It all went down hill as soon as they released Faith i think. Great song but it was poppier then there previous singles so fred was like we have to make softer simplier songs for radio and MTV's TRL. It was smart of them to release Faith but they went the wrong direction afterwards.
  16. Sam + Wes + John = Good, talented musicians.

Fred = D*ck

DJ Lethal (is that what he's called?) = whatever.

There's a website called BuddyHead ( that always makes fun of Fred Durst. They've given out his phone number, cell phone number, and pager number. They've also found out several other celebrities' numbers and addresses. Check it out. :D
  17. Yeh buddyheads wicked for that they knicked one of freds "trademark" hats from his record company and sold it on ebay i think