Sam Sherry's Tremendous Ego!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Sam Sherry, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    As part of my ongoing effort to find concerts for the band I've spiffed up my PR, including a total revamp of The Website.

There's a few new tunes posted for download and critique, including another -- gulp -- solo improvisation on double-bass. Has your roomate had trouble getting to sleep lately? The sure cure, my friends, awaits at

Questions, comments, catcalls and constructive criticism are all welcome. Thanks in advance.
  2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Sam, your ego looks great! I'll have to spend some time with the "writings" page, and get back to you. Also, had no idea about some of the bio stuff, or the sideman albums. Looks like you're getting ready to get busy - nicely done.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
  4. The site looks great - Nice job!

- Wil
  5. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Thank you all. It's fun to have it done.

SMASH, thank you very much for your thoughts. Your gracious comments mean a lot.

In general I do too. To some extent we are programmed to equate "male vocalist" with "leisure suit." But Kahlil Gibran's book kept calling to me as it does to countless others. That meant "lyrics" which in turn meant "singer." I've been working on The Prophet song-cycle project on-and-off for a decade and before this summer I had heard two of the songs sung once. It is truly a joy, after so many years, to hear all these songs sung, and musically at that.

Aw, my man, for a middle-aged part-time musician in Maine more gigs IS success. Thank you twice!
  6. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Hey Sam, I've really enjoyed your site. I listened to all the music, and will many more times, and read a few of the articles so for. I dig the clean interface and nice tasteful presentation.

If I can throw out one webnerdy little observation, I didn't really like the way the text switches to bold when rolling over alot of the links. Switching to bold makes the whole sentence jump to the right, so it feels kinda funny. Maybe a color change or underlined instead? Very minor issue, and doesn't detract from an overall nice site.