Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

samash.con DeArmond Pilot Plus deals

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SMG, Jun 18, 2001.

1. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    For anyone interested, samash.com is having a big sale on a few DeArmond products including the Pilot Plus basses...$140 for the 4 string and $160 for the 5 string. This are not the bottom of the line one, but the ones with 3 band active EQ. For what it is worth, Bass Player (Jan 00) said about these: "Bottom Line: The best affordable 5-string we’ve tested so far."

For whatever reason, when I tried ordering one via "Navigator" it wouldn't work, when I switched to "Netscape" it worked fine...so if one doesn't work right, try the other.

Steve

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Now i wish i would've saved my money instead of buying a PC game [would've had $110 then my dads willin to bum me the extra cash]. homer voice on:: FMIC gear for cheap ahhhhh :: homer voice off :D
    btw-all my basses are FMIC & plan to add another if Sam Ash keeps that deal going for bout another month ::says under breath:: please please please:: Thats all. thanx for posting that.

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Cam,
    I spoke with a sales person at Sam Ash on the phone today and all the 5 strings are back ordered. If you order it now, you will have it at the current advertised price, you just have to wait for them to get them in...and call periodically to remind them that you still want the item. I don't think they actually charge your credit card untill they actually ship it, so you may have your money by then.
    Steve

4. sailor

sailor

Jun 10, 2001
    I ordered one of these basses Monday. I think this is the old model with 34 inch scale. That really does not matter to me, but it may matter to some. The salesman told me they should be in around July 5.

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Steve-thank you, just got me some leverage when reasoning with my dad about that sorta thing. I think i'll call him. Thanx for the info.

6. Actually, I think that it's the new model that has the 34" scale. The old ones had the 35", and I don't know why they changed them.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    ok-dad & i might order one friday. he's coming to town then [parents split]. thats all