Samash rant..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Geezerman, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I go in straight back into the bass secton in the back of the store, watch two older guys grove on a warwick rockbass, +1 for not having alot of backround noise. I was looking to test a p/j out, so after finding a cable that wasn't in use picked up a P bass and plugged it in. It was a MIA Pbass and it was setup so bad, one side of the pickups was slanted, it was in tune and i had little time to tune it so i put it back. Now i pick up a squier P/J, it had a weird purple flake paint on there with a vintage white pickguard, sounded nice i love the P/J combo! Well it's closing time and after shooting the **** about the rockbass with the 2 players i notice a bass on the wall. "$1099 for Fender Pbass!"....It had a pbass neck, a jazz body with jazz pickups. Now is it me who thinks selling stuff like this hurts their reputation? I really think this store uses spare points it has an assembles basses and sells them, how could they not know there selling a pbass with a jazz body and pickups?

/rant over :p
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Eh, there's worse things you could get upset about. Let's face it...nobody thinks of Sam Ash as more than a grocery store for musicians. That's basically what it is.
  3. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    two words...

guitar center...

learning well

they will become ur best friends..
  4. willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    if that's the sam ash im thinking of they really really suck in the bass and customer service department.when they opened they started out ok and hired a few good people who knew something but then they got rid of all of the good sales people(or they quit)i mean it's weird to me that that whole store dosn't have ANY decent sales people even the guitar center down the street has a few good guys in the keyboard and recording department.