Same CD for a month

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, May 17, 2005.

1. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    So I've been listening to TOOL'S Lateralus for the last month. I'm to the point to where I put in another cd...listen to maybe 1 song then put TOOL back in. I find myself checking the TOOL website for the next project no avail. I'm also checking everything on TOOL on line, such as band members sites and such.

Anyone ever get fixated on one artist like this?

Sorry foir the pointless thread...just bored at work....listening to TOOL.
  2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    I used to listen to single cds for a longer period - untill I knew and heard the details and all. Or if i was stuck in the same mood for a long time. Or if I happened upon a great recording.
    Then I'd listen to it for weeks, sometimes even over a month..

Now that I've got a small mp3-player and ripped some of my old cds up onto it, I change albums/playlists more frequently
  3. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

When I first heard of Van Halen doing a reunion I was praying that every night we would be blessed with DLR. But we got Ever since I have been hoping to hear some new VH (that doesn't bite like the 2 singles they put out on the greatest hits) even if it is with Sam.

But every day I check to see who that mystery second stage band is. I hear things but I want confirmation!

I also have been listening to the first 4 'tallica records for the past month in my car. And that is all that plays in my car. I still pray for the day when they go old school and kick the world's collective ass with a new thrash metal album.
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Vic's Soul Circus, Oedipus' Humbility and Pep Love's ascension and ascension side C have gotten ridiculous amounts of play time in my car over the past month or so.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    All the Slightly Sstoopid albums have gotten many many many plays in the car. Especially Acoustic Roots.
  6. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    For about a month or maybe more after I first bought it, Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime never left my CD player. And it's still one of my favourite albums of all time.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, that cd made me do the same thing.

and "disintegration" by the cure.
  8. I post this, not for the pissing contest, but for pure scientific purposes. Lifter's Melinda (Everything Was Beautiful and Nothing Hurt) has remained in the rotation (3 disc changer) for over 2 years. I listened to it every day for about the first 5 months I had it. It's tapered off to at least once a week now. It is, in my opinion, the greatest alternative album ever recorded.

9. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Tool is awesome.. i ma listen to that tomorow in my car...
  10. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It's them subliminal messages! You better be careful, If you listen a couple more times your libel to join a religious cult and start worshiping D-tuned basses! :D
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Lets see...
    D-tuned basses - Devil..
    then tuned basses - evil? :eyebrow:

Exam season has started, does it show already? :meh: :oops: :smug: :rolleyes: :eyebrow: :p :D
  12. Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI that's what I'm talkin about...anything that even sounds like it's in that genre. Anyone els have any other suggestions. Otherwise...I put in Aenima this morning for a few.
  13. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I once did this with a Jefferson Airplane Live cd.

I know for a fact that secretdonkey has had the same tape in his cassette deck for over a year. That's got to be some kind of TB record.
  14. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I've listened to Buckethead's Colma every single day (literally) since I bought it about three years ago.

Best CD I've ever heard, EVER.
  15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well... same band... Morphine... for about a month.
  16. amused2KAOS

Apr 22, 2005
    lisening to captain beefheart at least 3 times a day for the past month.
  17. About a year ago, I listened to the Funeral For A Friend cd "Seven Ways To Scream Your Name" for about three months straight. I'm not exaggerating at all.
  18. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    This is really wierd... i'm doing the same thing, except with AEnemia and Salival...

when does that next CD come out... i'm going to be friggin' knocking down the doors...
  19. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Tool, lateralus is prob my fav cd of all time

ive had my The mars volta - frances the mute , cd on my playlist ever since i got it, evena fter seeing them in concerrt ;)
  20. Mudvayne's new one, Lost & Found I can't stop listening to. I listen to it atleast once if not 4-6 times a day.