Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

same old sort of question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RedGrange, Jul 23, 2001.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    A local music store is going out of business... and they are going to have a fire sale on basses... they have 3 that I really want... but I'm only 'allowed' to buy one to tied me over till my custom is finished. They are as follows.

Fender Geddy Lee Model Jazz Bass
    Fender MIM Active
    Dan Armstrong/Ampeg AMB1 (the wood model)

I love all of those basses.. but not sure which to get. The MIM is the cheapest (around 300 bucks) the other are about 400. What are your thoughts about what I should do. You can't go wrong with the Geddy Lee... but I've always wanted a short scale bass. The MIM could be spruced up with a badass bridge. The Geddy just looks cool! The neck is just a hair too thin for my taste. Each have thier flaws.. so it is hard to decide!!!!

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have never played or seen in person a dan armstrong. i like a lot the geddy lee and the mim is really cool. i think that if you like the ampeg and you are not afraid to have and play something different you can go with it. otherway i'll suggest you the geddy over the MIM. for sure you can't go wrong with these, choose only with your ears and head.

3. This indeed is a tough question. Partial to the MIM myself

4. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    I think I'd personally go with the Geddy Lee Jazz. It has a great tone, much better than the MIM, IMHO.
    Just go with what your heart tells you to :)

-FSR