Samic Custom Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hanz812, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Hanz812

Sep 15, 2002
    Are Samic Custom Basses any good?
  2. samick makes custom basses? :confused:
  3. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    I once saw a really expensive neck-thru samick bass, i think it was custom, or maybe "one of the expensive ones", the most funny thing was that it was signed by billy sheehan when he came to Chile doing clinics. It looked nice but i think the name samick its not something that i would buy.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    there are so many things samick owns.. however.. my experience with samick basses have never been fabulous... but thats just me.. I am sure someone likes them
  5. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    They are nice for beggining..... i remember that my old samick had a nice maple thought...... (it was crap anyway).....
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Their Custom Shop actually allows you to choose between pine, agathis, or lauon body woods and 62 different shades of black.
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Don't let the "custom" terminology throw you. It is as meaningless for the name "Samick" as any product that calls itself "special", "deluxe", or "supreme."

Samicks are just tomorrow's toothpicks. They are a company in the Far East that makes low-end basses under a variety of other names.
  8. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

good starter basses. I own a samick "artist series" .. what artist would play one of these on purpose ? crap ... stay away.
  9. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Never heard of a Custom, but I kinda like the looks of this one:

10. If it is made in Korea, chances are pretty good that it came from the Samick factory.
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The Core-Tek factory makes a bunch of basses too.
  12. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

well, it looks like they've improved... however, mine is/was nice looking too... you'll just have to try one out I guess :p

ps. did I mention mine sounds terrible too ? hehe