Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samick 6-string necktrough???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zanthrax, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Today I tested a 6-string necktrough Samick and it felt really good actually. Although I wouldn't trust my opinions that much since you can count the number och 6-stringers I've tested on one hand and its always been severel months between the ocations... But I do know that it felt better then the 6-stringed Larrivee at my local musicstore... But the most fantastic thing with was the pricetag... $400, if I had had that amount of money chances are that I would have bought it on the spot... Has anyone else encounterd theese? I was snooping around Samick's website but they don't seem to be in their current line of products... I'm very interested in hearing from anyone who has tested (or owns) one of theese.

For all of thoose who live in Sweden I can say that it hangs in Musikanten in Umeå. But I suspect that you already knew this if you live in Umeå...

2. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    I was on the exact same store today and tested that bass. I liked it. Good sounding and the pricetag...very cheap indeed!

Help us out here! We need some info on these basses :)

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Samick.... did Tony Kanel used to play one of those? maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, maybe all he's played are those yamaha's and erine balls.

4. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've played that bass unplugged for a little while. the spacing was a bit tight, but otherwise it felt okay. a problem i've encountered with other samicks is that the pickups don't really work the b-string, but i don't know if that's the case with this one. if it feels good, and sounds good, just buy it.

Are you from Umeå, Skavenger?

5. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Nope, I'm from a small city(I don't know if you can call it a city...) called Åsele, 160 km from Umeå. I recommend you to try it on an amp for a while, I did and I liked it. It had a very cool slap sound that didn't "fade" when you got to higher notes and an easy neck.

Hasn't anyone got any info or websites? I know it's a kind of crappy manufacturer but I would really enjoy some information, any at all...

Hujo, we gotta get together sometime and compare equipment :)

6. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ah, Åsele. I pity you. ;) Sure, let's meet up sometime!

7. I posted this question for over two weeks ago and no answer... Then I visit my family for the weekend (no internet there) and what has happened? :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who likes it. :) I'm really interested in a six-stringed bass and that Samick is looking better and better, because of the pricetag... :D

About websites: I've been to Samick's US website (someting like www.samickguitars.com) and some other but they wasn't very helpful...