1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Samick Artist 5-String - Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gus Borden, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Hello fellow TB'ers... I am hoping that somebody out there might have info for me. This is a Samick Artist 5-String bass. I know next to nothing on this one.

I know it's not going to blow the doors off of my more expensive basses, but I need a dependable bass of reasonable quality that I don't have to worry about so much at outdoor gigs and dive bars...I've heard that Samick makes solid, decent instruments, so... any info would be helpful...

• 34" or 35" scale?
    • Materials? What kind of woods - Neck, Fretboard, Body, Top (If you happen to know).
    • When it was made?
    • Active or Passive?
    • Anything else anyone can think of...

Thanks, Gus

sam1.gif

2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    The top definitely looks like bubinga...it looks awesome!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020