1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Samick Basses

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    Not worth reading

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    You might want to consider purchasing a good quality padded slipcover or even a roadcase.

3. Bit of a rough bugger? Take some care! I fear if you put it in a case you would only drop it from a greater height, causing major internal damage.

4. toomanyslurpees

toomanyslurpees

Jan 21, 2009
    I was an avionics tech that worked on an overhaul of a Twin Otter that flew the Pope around central America in the 80s... when we got our hands on it his crest was still on the engine cowlings. I had a knob left over from the equipment we removed when I busted a knob off my SVT-CL so I put that knob on it, I figured the fact that the knob had been in the presence of the Pope made it sound better..... (On a side note, the equipment that we removed included all the wiring that made this Twin Otter a DHC-6-300M, one of two proof of concept military versions of the Twin Otter in the late 70s that never caught on. So I can in fact say I've removed the rocket wiring from the Pope's airplane.) Totally pointless story other that the knob worked great...

Munjibunga, Robert B, Gaolee and 2 others like this.
  5. Go to the dentist and have him pull one of your front teeth. Then , smile a lot and you will match your amp.

On a more serious note , get at least a slip cover and try to be more careful with your amp.

6. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    If it was me, I'd just stop breaking the knobs off.

Haji likes this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Remind me to never let you touch my gear :)

Aqualung60, SBsoundguy and mbelue like this.
  8. Knobs are breaking off? That sounds like you are breaking the pot shaft. Or are the knobs just falling off? Or is the inside of the knob getting busted? I've suffered all three.

9. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    You have an expensive amp. You have inconsiderate friends.
    You should be billing your inconsiderate friends, or breaking their equipment.
    How many of your speakers still work?
    How many strings does your bass have left?
    While you are at it count fingers and toes.

My knobs, strings and speakers I protect like my fingers and toes. That's my $.02.

10. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    I just super glue Les Paul knobs on my posts.

11. JIMO if the knobs are breaking instead of the pot being damaged/broken they are doing a wonderful thing for you. Keep buying the exact same ones unless you enjoy broken amps and expensive repair bills (start carrying a flyswatter for your bandmates heads!).

Doesn't matter who books the gigs, respect for another person's property should never be negotiable.

12. Talking about your bass, do you just sling the thing into the van or does it go into its case? Seriously if you don't take care of your musical equipment it IS going to fail on you. One day the bash to the front panel will break the shaft of one or more pots. Then you'll be facing an expensive repair bill. You sound like you have anarchy on stage. Someone leaping off a box without looking where he is going to land is simply foolish. it really is too easy to break a neck!!

Edit: First rule of on stage etiquette is no drinks of any kind on amps and speaker cabinets.

BurningSkies likes this.
  13. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    OK. So how many audience members have gotten their drinks spilled on them or noses blooded from your band's stage antics?
    From your "corporate gig" comment I'm guessing none.
    The point I'm getting at is: your band members probably know some restraint but aren't showing your equipment any. It's only a matter of time before your whole stack takes a Humpty Dumpty.
    "Pretty sure anyone on here can afford" that repair?

Either you don't care, so why did you even start this thread?
    Or, you do but you aren't willing to place fault where it's due.

Look man I'll be the last person to tell anyone not to thrash about and get into it. What I am saying is when a problem keeps happening it will get worse. Maybe it's time to have a grown up discussion with your business partners?

BassmanPaul likes this.
  14. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    You guys are ridiculous. I'm not wasting anymore time on this. I changed the title of this thread so nobody else will either.

15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I never had a problem with my SVT knobs, they seemed fairly durable. The knobs on the SVT are not anything special, just take them to your local electronics supplier and get some metal ones. Just make sure you get ones with a highly visible dot on them, you'll thank me on your dark stages.

I would also suggest a road case or slip cover. I am not telling you how to handle your gear, I am just saying it appears as though you handle it with a little less care than most. That is coming from somebody who definitely handles their gear in a way that would offend most TBers.

16. <sigh> I guess the horse wouldn't drink again!! Sad that!

Just for the record I too play in a Country band and I love it. I'm prepared to bet that most "Head Bangers" take better care of their musical equipment than the OP obviously does! :rollno:

17. Tough crowd.....Jeesh!

18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Fun thread. I picture a GG Allin fronted country band from what people have quoted from the OP before he ragequit because he didn't get the response he wanted.

bigfatbass likes this.
  19. First for me, I have never heard "People break my stuff and I don't care"? :)

mbelue likes this.
  20. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    i like the new title. It seems a good invitation for the riffraff
    i actually just came to see michael jackson eat popcorn