Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samick Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Hollow, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Tell me what u think about Samick basses..

I own the SAMICK MODEL LB-10/TR (have u seen it)

thanx !

2. i have a samick bass. its..........eh. i only paid $170 so i should not be expecting great things. i plan to but some new pick ups in it unless i can get 400 for a washburn bass that i love now. i would say the samick is good for the price i paid.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Samick makes more basses than any other manufacturer in the world. They build most other manufacturer's basses to spec. In fact, they make all the basses in the world EXCEPT the following:

1. Fodera (made by Cort)
    2. Lakland (made by Warmoth)

Samick does make the Lakland Skyline Series, however. So you got yourself a great bass.

4. My ex-girlfriend had a samick bass which actually sounded pretty good. It wasn't one of their generic, budget brands, it was one of my expensive kinds. I had a nice low end, and you could really feel it in a mix. It wasn't the greatest bass ever, but it was still a pretty good bass with good playability.

5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    I dont understand. i thought MTD's Ken smiths, Fodera's were all hand made. or are you saying like japanese jazzes, conklin gt, epiphone, are all made by samick? Clarify please

6. SubDubMan

SubDubMan

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey Munjibunga
    Please clarify what you mean about Samick... I head someone else mention something about Samick making all other basses before, but I didn't really understand, or I thought he was just talking about the really cheap ones.
    thanks-

7. Winston TK

Winston TK Hairpiece Adventurer

Oct 8, 2001
    Burnaby, BC Canada
    Reportedly, Samick also makes the Brooklyn Bridge, and most, if not all, the swampland in Florida.

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    All basses are Samick basses, with the noted exceptions. How much more clear can I be?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Don't forget to mention that Peavey owns Samick, and also makes almost all of the bass amps on the market, except for Walter Woods and Glockenklang.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    LMAO:D:D

Jeff and Munji, you guys never cease to amaze me.;)

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Beg 'pardon, sir. Samick owns Peavey. Peavey owns Pedulla.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My bad.