1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Samick/Greg Bennett ABG model help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Don M, Dec 15, 2018.

1. I'm looking at a Samuck/Greg Bennett ABG that has three control knobs mounted on top of the body running parallel to the G string down by the bridge.

Does anyone know what model this may be? I'll try to post a pick if I can pull it off the listing.

2. 00000_cnIpCCnClCQ_600x450.

This would be the one. Anyone have experience with one?

3. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    I have that bass, I believe. It appears that the knobs on yours are aftermarket changes. It's a samick Gregg Bennett Remington bass. Mine came with an LR Bagg preamp that sounds quite special. The knobs on mine are in a diamond pattern and are super tiny. I de-fretted mine and added the rest. Like a poor man's Godin A4, back when they had the Bagg pre.

With the Bagg pre, it is a phenomenal bass for acoustic performance. Not sure how yours will sound with the changes. 20170413_113216.

4. Wow...that's a different control setup! Is it a volume and 3 band setup?

5. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Yes. I got it for $150 and it was one of the best buys I have ever gotten. One of my cheapest basses, but it gets compliments on it's sound every time I play it.

6. I'm looking at one now . Except it is an aftermarket 3 knob setup... Assuming VBT . Having tights or heard it yet . Seller says it works fine. Only asking $100 .