Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SAMICK ROYALE BASS BRIDGE CAME OUT!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by davefrommound, Dec 14, 2005.

1. davefrommound

davefrommound

Jul 21, 2005
    OK, I went to change my strings tonight for a couple of weekend gigs and noticed the very bottom part of the bridge was sticking out of the wood of the bass. I took the strings off and sure enough the bridge came apart -- the longer piece where the nut is held came off and the anchor that holds the two screws to adjust the height can be easily pulled out (they were sticking out and the bridge was leaning toward the pickups slightly, which is when i first noticed it).

So my question is --- should I Krazy Glue the anchors back in? I don't trust putting them in and re-stringing.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. the parts that "come out easily" are called ferrules. You have a semi-hollow bass there. Not that it's an excuse or a qualifier, but sometimes this happens. Take the ferrules out, apply a small amount of white glue (even a drop will work) on the knurled part of the ferrule (the part that's meant to catch the wood and keep it inplace) and insert the ferrules back into the body. Let it set up for a few hours so the glue sets and skins up.

Then re-install the bridge, set the action and all that and keep on pluckin

3. davefrommound

davefrommound

Jul 21, 2005
    thank you Mon! you're a life saver. i borrowed a friend's fender for the first of 2 shows this weekend and the strings are a lot closer together than my samick, plus he uses flatwound strings.. so the tone was a lot different than what i'm used to.

anyway, thanks again!
    dave