1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SAMICK SDB5569 AVS Custom 5-String - Wenge/Bubinga Neck (18mm Spacing)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    A true sleeper bass! Made in Korea Samick "Custom Made" 5-String with wenge/bubinga neck, alder body, Kent Armstrong humbuckers and 2-band EQ/preamp. The neck is super slim (front to back) like an Ibanez Soundgear Premium/Prestige but has a 1.75" Nut Width and 18mm string spacing at the bridge (most SR basses have 16.5-17mm). The neck is dead straight (almost no relief), fretwork is superb, very low action, really tight "B" string (as good as the Ibanez SR5XXV that I'm selling as well).

The bass is in Very Good to Excellent Condition
    with just some buckle scratches on the back and light scuffing on the bottom edge. No dings, dents or cracks, neck is super smooth, frets are in very good condition with just light string wear, new strings just installed. All electronics work perfectly. Comes with a non-original gig bag. Specs:

Body: Alder
    Neck - 5-Piece Wenge with Bubinga Stringers
    Fingerboard: Rosewood
    Frets: 24 medium jumbo
    Scale Length: 34"
    Nut: Brass, 1.75" (44.5mm) Wide
    String Spacing at the bridge: 0.71" (18mm)
    Pickups: Kent Armstrong Humbuckers
    Active Electronics: 9V, Volume, Blend, Treble, Bass
    Tuners: Black Die-Cast Gears
    Bridge: Heavy Duty Locking
    Inlays: Abalone "S" Logo on headstock, Offset Markers
    Finish: Antique Vintage Sunburst
    Weight: 9 lbs, 2 oz

SELLING FOR $275 shipped in the continental US (AK, HI, PR, Guam, APO/AE pay $30 extra for USPS Priority). International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

Samick5 (1).JPG Samick5 (2).JPG Samick5 (3).JPG Samick5 (4).JPG Samick5 (5).JPG Samick5 (6).JPG Samick5 (7).JPG Samick5 (8).JPG

JCooper likes this.
  2. JCooper

JCooper ...meep.

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    Man, I love the look of that neck!
    Do you happen to have any sound clips, or perhaps some type of description...compared to the tone of another bass?
    (I just have no idea what these sound like)
    Thanks!