Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by PrecisionJaC, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Hola,

I'm new here, so Hi, and can anyone give me some advice for a sampler for bass, the only one I saw till now was the Line 6 DL 4 Modeler, but it's actually for guitars, allthow I saw a bassist play with it and it didn't sound bad.. So any tips?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

3. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    electrix is back from the grave. i use 2 repeaters and LOVE them...they blow the echo plex away in my opinion! you may want to check those out, but it depends on your budget. samplers are not budget devices.
  4. which repeaters are they?

and after watching site closely, i still think i'm gonna purchase the Line6 DL4 Modeler, it ain't pricey & got allot of features. Any one have some experiences with it?
  5. I like mine, lots of delays (1 at a time of course), & a nice 'learner' loop/sampler(I say learner because it's easy to figure out- not always the case for me, so a good selling point; also, it's a fairly cheap way to see if you like the whole looping thing. If not, you've still got a nice delay unit, which you could easily sell). After 6 months, I've just gotten to the point where I want more than the 28 seconds of loop time. And I think it sounds fine on bass, & lastly, it has true bypass.
  6. So did u allready got a new one, and if that's the case, wich one?
  7. I have 1 (one) Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler. I like it.
  8. Ah I thought u baught a new one when u said "After 6 months, I've just gotten to the point where I want more than the 28 seconds of loop time." ;)
  9. No, I meant that it took me 6 months of wanking with it til I felt like I could use a longer loop time.
  10. Yeah well I want it to be a looper very easy to use on stage, cause i saw the Boss rc-20XL, and it looks like hell to use it swiftly live playing.. line 6 looks kinda basic, not this chaos of knobs
  11. Very much so- I'm not so good with these things, but with the DL-4, it came pretty easy for me.