1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

samples vs fx

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Dec 19, 2003.

1. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Ok It¡¦s time for me to bite the bullet and admit to myself that- as much as I love playing bass the way I do and much fun as it is muddying things up x many fx- that the sounds that I really do want to make, I just can¡¦t do with a bass. It doesn¡¦t add to the music and I increasingly find that using that tone/ squelch/noise compromises the groove of my noise.
    I need some advice about using different samplers (what¡¦s hot and what¡¦s not¡K) and how to trigger those samples , and also/possibly modulate those sounds using a a footswitch (whilst still playing bass). Is there anyone here who could offer me some advice about this?
    What do you use? How is it set up?
    - Local underground music scenes here (Taipei) are in their infancy and its difficult to meet people with enough knowledge to find out about stuff like this.

I¡¦m posting this here because I believe there are people who frequent this forum who can help me, more than others. I¡¦d really appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks, Tom