1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sam's New CD!

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Sam Sherry, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    I'm very happy to say that my new CD is at last ready for release. It is called Echoes of The Prophet and it is available from my website.

The record has a GREAT band on it. Bill Pierce (former Messenger) plays tenor sax. Scott Reeves (of Dave Liebman's big band) plays 'bone and low horn. The singer, Chris Humphrey, has a multi-disc deal with Cadence/CIMP. On guitar is Mark Kleinhaut, who has recorded with guys like Bobby Watson and Tiger Okoshi. My son Dylan -- fourteen at the time -- plays second tenor!

I wrote all the tunes, working sporadically over an eleven-year period. There are eight vocal pieces, all drawn from Khalil Gibran's masterwork, The Prophet. There are three instrumentals and two bass solos. It's all jazz.

With luck, Damon will have a tune for the Sampler -- if it doesn't happen now it will soon. The particular piece I sent features Tim O'Dell on sax (and me). I am not putting a "no-pay" piece on my site but I really want to share something with everybody here.

Folks, this work is deeply meaningful to me. I appreciate your comments and your support. Thank you so much.

2. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    which bass do we have the pleasure of hearing? The Bittner? The Westover? The Carcassi?

Do tell!

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Not even the little 15-20 second sampler to give people a flavor of what it is?

4. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    I used the Bittner throughout.

There are 30-40 second excerpts of each song. Check it out!

Email will be tough this weekend. I'll keep checking here . . .

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Ah, I was looking at the wrong page. I looked at the download page and the recordings page and didn't see any. Then I stumbled onto the correct page.

Thanks,

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I got a preview disc a while back, but haven't heard the remix. Lotta good stuff happening on that mother. Congrats on the birthing, amigo...that was a hella long labor.

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    lookin forward to hearing it..Sam'L I love the tunes that you wrote for it...