Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SAMSON AIRLINE BASS WIRELESS UNIT

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Sep 13, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    i purchased a nady URR10 Guitar/BASS wireless unit. Needless to say it sucked balls, and probably b/c Nady can't make anything worthwhile. The samson airline bass unit is made strickly to pick up low end frequencies and is said to be the best wireless BASS unit for under $300. Anyone have experience with this particular unit? Probably going to purchase within the next few days. if you have one for sale and want to save me some money, i love you :)

2. I had one & it cut out on me when I wasn't that far away from the receiver. Could have been my luck to get a bad one but I sold it & got a Sennheiser. :D

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I had one and it worked very well, BUT, it's an extremely delicate unit. I broke the battery cover for the reciever and the batter cover for the transmitter within the first two gigs I used it. Im not rough on equipment at all. It seems to me these would be MUCH better if they had more metal and less plastic.

4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    how well does it pick up the lower frequencies...i mean many guitar bass wireless are pretty much made for guitars and not bass,...is it worth $300?

5. Mine sounded fine when I was near the receiver. It sounded the same as if it had been corded. I too wasn't crazy about the plastic design.

6. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    My only concern is that it's not true diversity. That's why I keep using my old Samson (VHF but also TRUE DIVERSITY) until I have enough money for a true diversity UHF suitable for bass (all of them above $600). To be switable for bass means that it can have an audio frequency response starting at 40/50Hz (just consider that when you use a drop A tuning, that low A is 55Hz, so the standard guitar wireless -starting at 60/70Hz- won't work in this case).

ANDRUCA

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whatever you get, you want UHF, true diversity. For $300 to $350 you can get the Shure Performance Gear UHF Diversity. I have a precursor model, and it works bitchen. Don't let that $625 list scare you. GC carries them at $349, and I got mine there for $300.

Here's a link.