Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

samson airline differences?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soundoholic, Feb 6, 2003.

1. There are two samson airline systems I'm looking at. One is for bass and has a small reciever that is not rack mountable. The other is rack mountable but it's specs show it has the same frequency response as the other. What is the real difference?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    As far as I know they're technically identical. I bought the non-rack unit because the receiver fit nicely into my pedal board and I don't have anything rack mounted. Guys who have a rack case but no pedals would prefer the rack-mount. That's all it is.

Just a small note - I bought it intending to run it off the same 9v power supply that runs all my other pedals. I got it home and found it was 12v, so I had to re-jig my pedal board to fit an extra power adapter.

For the price I'm happy with it. But it does give off the occasional "click" noise for no apparent reason. It's not loud and no-one except me can hear it and only if I'm not playing at the time.