1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Samson Airline-review

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by soundoholic, May 25, 2003.

1. Somebody asked me to post a review of the samson airline.

I just tried out the samson airline for bass this weekend at two gigs with huge stages and other wirelesses around and I'll say I am impressed. Honestly the only thing that you really loose is some of the B string. It looses that kick drum sound when your really thumping. But it can be fixed with eq. Please note that my band does tune down to 432hz but I don't think this would make any difference. The shaping feature on it sucks. I think it makes me sound like i'm using a pick. They really should have a rack mountable option.

All in all a+. very affordable and reliable.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    yep, the give the "shape" function a miss.....

I found that mine cuts some trebble when I'm slapping, specifically at about 4k and most notably on the "pop". Did you notice that? I usually fix it with EQ or turning up the horn.

Overall I like my Airline.......

3. exactly!!!! I think they really should have fixed some of the problems with it. They shoud get rid of the shape and make the whole thing designed to be in a rack. I love it to death. I can't believe how much freedom you get. I'm used to tripping over cable multiple times a night but not anymore.