1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Samson Airline Wireless eats attack

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by andruca, Apr 12, 2006.

1. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi everybody!

I used a friend's Samson Airline Wireless system, the one with the dual antenna rackmount receiver and had a problem. The unit has some kind of noise gate. But it doesn't work as fine as the ones in compressors and stuff and completely kills the attack when playing. We also tried this with his guitar and same thing (he plays mostly Pink Floyd stuff so he hadn't notice it that much but was definitely heard when trying to play rhythmic stuff such as ska, funk...). If someone has one of these, have you noticed this? Is there a way to correct it? (I don't know, maybe it has some internal presets to configure the noise gate). Thanks so much for your help!

ANDRUCA

P/S: Don't know if this is the most appropriate section to post this. Couldn't find a more proper one. Moderators please feel free to move this thread to wherever you judge more convenient. Thanks!

2. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    If you want good sound out of a wireless you need to spend a bit of money.

Audio Technica makes some very good sounding units.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    The best affordable bug-style system would be AKG's - especially for bass. The Sampson spec doesn't come close. But you do have to be careful with the 1/4 swiveling plug on the AKG - I'd probably epoxy it at the angle my basses needed it at or use some velcro.