Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

samson airline wireless system

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sixstringer506, Jan 6, 2002.

1. im considering this system can anyone whos tried it or owns it tell me their thoughts on it thanx

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have samsons previos line. I'm pretty sure the specs. are the exact same, but they just changed the way the transmitter looks. If it is like mine I would definantly not get it b/c the low freq. cutoff is 50hz. If your not to worried about tone, then Its pretty cool, but it doesn't sound the greatest. If you really want to get a good wireless for bass it would probably run about $600. Just my opinion though.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    BMG is right about the Airline's frequency range, but the Shure UT-1 Dual-Diversity UHF unit ($300 - $350 at GC) goes down to 20 hz. I replaced my Shure VHF Guitarist with it, and it works mo' bitchen.

4. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Wow that is sweet munji, so is that working well? I'd been wanting a new wireless but I didn't want to pay $600, and for some reason I remember that being the price of the one I wanted.