Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samson PowerBrite (Rack Power Distribution) Any Good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Phyrexian, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Hi,
    I'm getting GAS on these power concitioner/distribution/lighting rack units these days :D (nothing better than some good ole GAS, not? ;) )

Furman Sound has nice items, but I noticed that Samson also has similar gear. It's called PowerBrite...

I would love to use this to clean up my back of my rack (power distro you see...) and the lights come in handy.

Anyways... they're cheaper compared to Furman stuff (at least over here in Europe). Did anyone try these out yet?

Thanks. Bart

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    One of my friends (guitarist with big rack) has one, and he swears by it. Easier to switch on/off everything, power on units are perm wired up to to the conditioner, and he says it cleans up the signal.
    It's much safer too.

I'm def gonna get one for my modest rack, (what price safety?)

3. Thanks,

well, last saturday, I've got me a Samson PowerBrite PB-11 at a second hand store over here. I don't know if the gear is new or not but it's in mint condition and only payed 170 euro's for it. I even had the box and the manual with it, as well as some powercables for rack usage... very sweet.

Setting up my gear is faster and easier (no more plugging in numerous powerswitches). The racklight is very nice, and you can change the Samson logo to one of your choice (your band... whatever).

4. how much are they b.t.w. ?

5. hehe
    reread my thread Tim ;)
    ...170 euro... (at least that's what I payed for it).

MusicStore Köln sells them for € 183...

6. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    I have one and I love it. I got it from zzounds.com.It's heavy and built like a brick S@#thouse.. highly recommend:D

7. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    finally bit the bullet and ordered one, using the money I got for my birthday. Then my rig will be complete....for the time being.

Just can't wait for some more lights

8. Just one minor flaw on the Samson PowerBrites:

that light-slide-out-drawer thing is kinda annoying when your preamp is just underneath the PowerBrite.
    When you fully slide out the light (and your rack ain't above your head) it blocks the view of your preamp (and its buttons of course).

I might solve this by leaving a single rackspace free underneath the PowerBrite. A Tuner or anything else with not that many buttons fits well underneath the Samson PowerBrite.