Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

samson wireless kit problems - help!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lammy, Apr 15, 2004.

1. lammy

lammy

Dec 8, 2003
    Spring Hill, FL.
    so i got a samson wireless kit from a friend. it worked before he gave it to me and now it does'nt. i get signal but no sound!! anybody have any ideas??

2. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Batteries?

3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Which model is it?

Are the transmitter and receiver set to the same channel?

Also, is the volume on the receiver turned up enough? What's the squelch set at?

4. lammy

lammy

Dec 8, 2003
    Spring Hill, FL.
    i don't know too much about this. i just got it. i'll have to double check the model again....it was "something 5" and yes both the transmitter and the receiver are the same model. the battery is brand new and the volume on the receiver is turned up. the weird part is that when i turn the volume up on the receiver, the "hum" gets louder, but no sound is being played. i know it worked prior to me getting it because the guy i got it from is a good friend of mine. i've physically seen him play shows with it before.

sorry if this sounds dumb, but what do you mean "squelch"??

i tried to take it to a shop to get worked on, but they said they can fix anything except for samson kits. they said that samson does'nt supply them with parts.