1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

For Sale Samuel Kolstein oval stamp German bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Craig Akin, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Craig Akin

Craig Akin Craig Akin Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2004
    New York City
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    Sam Kolstein oval stamp Zimmerman model German bow. Beautiful stick in great condition. Jake from Kolstein recently worked on it including rehair, rechanneling the top of the frog and installed a heavier gauge German silver top plate, also installed the silver ring on the turn button. The ivory tip has no cracks.

Bow is from the 80’s by Sam himself. I bought the bow in ’04. Long before I owned it there were two repairs made in the tip. A very slight crack only needing glue (hard to see) and a repair requiring a spline slightly visible in the pics. The bow is solid and sturdy weighing 127 grams. Hardshell case included and free shipping. According to Barrie replacement value is $3,500.

Check out the bow in Jersey City, NJ or we could make other arrangements around NY.

IMG_2619.jpg IMG_2620.jpg IMG_2621.jpg IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2624.jpg IMG_2625.jpg IMG_2627.jpg IMG_2628.jpg IMG_2629.jpg IMG_2632.jpg IMG_2634.JPG IMG_2633.JPG IMG_2631.JPG IMG_2630.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. Calvin Marks

Calvin Marks Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Toronto
    Hi there! What is a ‘Zimmerman model’? Thanks!

Craig Akin likes this.
  3. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Craig Akin and Calvin Marks like this.
  4. Craig Akin

Craig Akin Craig Akin Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2004
    New York City
    Cool thanks! Jake from Kolstein described the bow as “Sam Kolstein oval stamp Zimmerman model” so that’s what I went with.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021