Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samuel L. Jackson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by astronauts_suck, Mar 18, 2006.

1. After seeing the Snakes on a Plane thread, I think we should give a tip of the hat to Mr. Jackson. Share your favorite movie of his and tell why or maybe just make a few bets on how many films he'll make in his life. Whatever goes, I guess.

My favorite is 187. It's a story about a teacher who gets stabbed and moves to L.A. to teach and has to deal with a bunch of gang bangers. Very moving.

Anyone else?

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Pulp Fiction, hands down.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I enjoyed him in Jackie Brown. My favorite cheesy action flick with him in it is probably The Long Kiss Goodnight. He had some funny one-liners in that one.

Oh, and let's not forget Loaded Weapon I!

bc

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I liked his part in Rules of Engagement. I just saw The Man last weekend, and he was good in that as well. I liked his voice work in The Incredibles.

-Mike

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Man, he is funny in that flick!

I have liked him in everything he has done other than the Star Wars crap. Ofcourse, that isn't his fault, Lucas can choke the talent out of anyone.

Samuel L. rules! Why? 'Cause he is a mushroom cloud layin' MF'r! :D

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Love his cameo in Coming To America.

"Now who the **** is this a**h***"?

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  8. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    "Juice, that was a good one. Deep Blue Sea......"

you know the rest.

9. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I really like his current voice-acting as Gin Rummy in The Boondocks. He makes me forget that it's Samuel L. Jackson doing the voice, and just makes a ridiculous character believable...quite the acting feat, IMO!

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  11. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Rules of Engagement? I can't remember that one.

I really can't imagine someone getting off for killing two guys and wounding a police officer but I really liked him "A Time to Kill". I've dealt with a lot of people that came from his characters background and he just nailed it! Really gave him a sense of realism.

Otherwise, he seems to have the coolest lines in a lot of movies. Pulp Fiction, (where do ya start and where do you end), flawless! In, "Shaft", I still get a laugh even thinking about it when he was at the bar and told the bartender, "You just want the LD". Otherwise did anyone see him on, The Actors Studio?

12. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Samuel L Jackson has been in roughly every movie ever made since 1945. He can often be found swearing and yelling, possibly waving a weapon of some sort.

Anyway, He was a badass as Mace Windu in the Star Wars movies

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Pulp Fiction was good...

I also liked negotiator a lot, but I think it was more because of Kevin Spacey. That guy is great; I don't think I’ve seen a movie with Kevin Spacey I did not like.

14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  15. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I like him so much that he is my Avatar!!!!!!!

16. He's the man.

On this wonderful note....

EVERYONE check out my "band"'s tribute to the man himself at www.myspace.com/doublebarrelboomstick

Nice, lo-fi, and soundclip-filled.

It's also not really indicative of my skill level.

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I can't recall many movies that i've seen with him in it, but he makes one badass Jedi.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  19. He was the only good thing about the Star Wars films he was in. I alos seem to recall The 51st State being quite entertaining, in a strange way.