1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

San Antonio teachers?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by JPMiers, Feb 28, 2008.

1. JPMiers

JPMiers

Aug 31, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm looking for a teacher in the San Antonio area if you know of any names or even leads don't be shy, thanks.

-Joel

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    George Prado, George Prado, George Prado...

3. Adam Booker

Adam Booker Supporting Member

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Strings, Remic Microphones
    +1 on Prado, the man taught me much. Also, on the classical side of the house, Steve Zeserman all the way! I learned more in 6 months with him... The man is a genius, and has a fond respect for jazzers. Also (shameless plug) if you don't mind the drive to San Marcos...

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1 on Zeserman! He's just a cool guy.. as well a great teacher and kinda new to town is Doug Balliet.. he's young and great to hang with.

Pacman has studied with both Zeserman and Prado as well, i'm sure he'll chime in, soon.

5. Adam Booker

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    I don't know Doug. Is he new with the Symphony?

6. Adam Booker

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Oh and BIG DUH! Eric Revis lives in San Antonio. If you want Jazz lessons, that's the way to go. He only plays with Branford and McCoy. I think he runs a jam every Wednesday at Luna.:hyper:

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Doug is the assistant or associate principal.. he's been here for about 3 or 4 years now.. cool cat!

8. JPMiers

JPMiers

Aug 31, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    McCoy Tyner? I went to McCoy concert the other year and Charnett Moffet(sp?) was on tour. perhaps revis was busy with marsalis. Anyway, thats good luck that he lives here, I'll feel around and see how schedules go. Thanks a lot for the info guys.

9. Brad Taylor

Brad Taylor

Jul 28, 2006
    Does anyone have contact info for Prado or Revis?

Please PM if you do.

10. Adam Booker

May 3, 2007
    Boone, NC
    Revis now resides in Los Angeles. Big bummer for us in Central Texas.:bawl: For some strange reason, I don't have Prado's #. I'll track it down for you thought. I need it for my sub list, but also because George is an old friend and mentor.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have George's number, PM me if you need it, i have both home and cell..

12. suddenlysane

suddenlysane Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I know this thread is kind of old but.......Any suggestions or contact info for any bass instructors in the North Central San Antonio area (near 1604/281)?

My apologies. Please disregard. Wrong forum section. Or maybe I SHOULD take up double bass..............hmmmmm.

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Still Prado and Zesserman - they're both great.