1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

San Diego Bass Summit - June 1st, 2008

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by jsbarber, Mar 8, 2008.

1. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    This recently appeared on the calendar for Dizzy's in San Diego:

Sun June 1: The Double Bass Summit – San Diego is home to some of the world’s most renown bassists: Bertram Turetzky, Marshall Hawkins, Bob Magnusson, Mark Dresser, Kristin Korb, Rob Thorsen, & Danny Weller perform together in various configurations showing off the rhythmic & melodic aspects of this marvelous instrument
    7PM - $15 cover ($10 students)

Those of you in SoCal mark your calendars, this should be beaucoup fun.

http://dizzyssandiego.com/

Jim

Note: in some places the website refers to the old location for Dizzy's (on 7th) it is currently located in the Harbor Towers. I am not sure if Chuck is planning on moving back to the old location, and if so when that would take place. So, you may want to look into this as the date approaches. (My guess is Harbor Towers location.)

2. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Just thought I'd give this a bump since it was burried pretty deep.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Looks like fun... unfortunately I already blew my "mainland US trip budget" for the year, going to see the family in July. Otherwise, a trip to San Diego would make a nice tax writeoff!

4. i might have to take the drive down to SD for this....

5. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    The concert's this Sunday. It should be good...