San Francisco bay area musicians...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by buckethdd, Dec 10, 2002.

1. buckethdd

Jan 15, 2002
    SF, CA
    i am putting together a progressive/fusion type band (bass and guitar so far) and looking for a drummer...i realize this forum is mostly bassists, but i'm calling for help from anyone that is or knows a drummer in the area...below is the ad i've been putting out. thanks! (recording is included below.)

Eclectic, progressive, rock/metal fusion(?) band, in search of a skilled drummer who is very creative and shares our vision and passion for music. We are currently rehearsing songs for demo, gigs and upcoming album. The current songs are written and arranged for bass, guitar and drums, but drum parts are either not written or flexible.

We are looking for someone to lend not only their skills, but creative energy and vibe as well. There will be alot room to express ideas and display your ablilites. Although there are many odd meters, this is not sterile math rock. It is music that has soul,
    and hopefully makes people feel something.

We will also be looking for a vocalist (we have a few possibilities lined up), but want to concentrate on the instrumental arrangements first.

Currently rehearsing 3 times a week at 3rd Street Studios, but we are moving to Rocker Studios in the beginning of Jan. Looks, age, gender etc. are unimportant, as long as you have the ability and drive to do what you love to do. We are SERIOUS and COMMITTED to this project, and looking for the same. If you are in another band, that’s fine, as long as you have the time and desire to be in this one.

Click link for rough sample:
    (drums are programmed using midi, and are not complete)

Contact Ben: 415-749-1158 •