1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sanchez Jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danny R., Mar 15, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Guys i need some advise, I'm selling my StingRay 5 and a local guy (L.A. CA.) want to trade my Ray for a "Sanchez" bass, to be honest I've never heard of Sanchez before, the bass is a jazz bass kind of body, 5 strings, it has schaller tuners and strap locks, 2 teck? bridge, bartolini "JJ" pickups and preamp, i don't know what kind of wood it's made of, it looks exactly like a Sadowsky and the word "Sanchez" looks like "Sadowsky" from far, what got my attention was the neck, it looks like is only one piece, what i meant is that there's no fingerboard, and it weights a ton, he said that he paid over 2 grand for the bass but i just don't know, i checked several websites and i didn't find any Sanchez bass, so please, if any of you knows something about this kind of bass or someone can post a link I'll be forever grateful;) BTW the bass sounded great and it has a wide string spacing, i know there must be someone that knows something about this bass.

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I got "rico suave" 4001 copy that would go nice with it, looks like it says rickenbacker from afar :D

Never heard of it, and yahoo search found no matches that were relevant. Maybe Roger has a South American long lost brother?

3. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, it has good quality parts... I love the 2-tek bridges, especially... But you'll probably have trouble selling it for a good price if you get tired of it.