Sanchez Jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danny R., Mar 15, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Guys i need some advise, I'm selling my StingRay 5 and a local guy (L.A. CA.) want to trade my Ray for a "Sanchez" bass, to be honest I've never heard of Sanchez before, the bass is a jazz bass kind of body, 5 strings, it has schaller tuners and strap locks, 2 teck? bridge, bartolini "JJ" pickups and preamp, i don't know what kind of wood it's made of, it looks exactly like a Sadowsky and the word "Sanchez" looks like "Sadowsky" from far, what got my attention was the neck, it looks like is only one piece, what i meant is that there's no fingerboard, and it weights a ton, he said that he paid over 2 grand for the bass but i just don't know, i checked several websites and i didn't find any Sanchez bass, so please, if any of you knows something about this kind of bass or someone can post a link I'll be forever grateful;) BTW the bass sounded great and it has a wide string spacing, i know there must be someone that knows something about this bass.
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I got "rico suave" 4001 copy that would go nice with it, looks like it says rickenbacker from afar :D

Never heard of it, and yahoo search found no matches that were relevant. Maybe Roger has a South American long lost brother?
  3. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, it has good quality parts... I love the 2-tek bridges, especially... But you'll probably have trouble selling it for a good price if you get tired of it.