1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Sandberg Basic 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    Price:
    $650
    Strings:
    SOLD LOCALLY

Matte Black Sandberg Basic 4 with a very nice, thickly padded gig bag.
    • Overall excellent condition
    • Ash body with nice thick rosewood board
    • 8 pounds 9 ounces
    • Neck is 40mm wide at zero fret and has some flame and nice grain structure
    • Neck has side markers but none on the face of the board
    • Back of neck has a very shallow imperfection at the 14th fret that you can find with your thumb if you carefully feel for it.
    • Neck starts as a shallow "C" at the zero fret and transitions to a shallow "D"
    • Push/pull Volume for active/passive plus 3-band active EQ
    • Passive sounds great but has no tone control on bass
    • Pick guard shows typical wear from being played
    • The matte black finish allows the grain figure to come through
    • The finish has no chips
    • There are two shallow dents on the back side radius of the upper bout which cannot be seen from the front and are difficult to see unless you hold the bass at a certain angle to a light.
    • It is a beautiful, well made, great playing German bass
    • I really like the gig bag and I've owned it longer than any bass. It has thick/plush padding and a single zipper pull that goes almost completely around the perimeter of the bag allowing it to open very fully. The bag is extremely well made and has leather trim in stress areas as well leather handles. I've never seen another bag like it.

IMG_1587.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016