Sandberg Basic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liquid-dream-ex, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Hello everyone!

I think my next bass (and first professional) will be a Sandberg Basic.

I played it in a store and i like it.
    But lately i really lust after a transparent white Lakland 44-02

I wonder if anyone has got expereinces with the sandberg, and if it is a prefessional tool, that'll satisfiy me also in the future.

Or if i'm better off with the Lakland?

In general i prefer single-pu basses. I only use the bride-pu on my yamaha rbx760 and i generally like the look of them.
    Or is the lakland so much better that it'd be a better deal?
  2. Sandberg basses are great imo. Can't say much about laklands as i never tried one.
  3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd love to play a sandberg if the guitar center overhere wasn't so ignorant on basses to stock.
  4. Since you're in Austria, I take it your German is a bit better than mine. And if I'm right, may I suggest you post your question over at an appropriate forum on the following site:
    From what I've gathered, Sandberg basses are held in high regard over there, and are widely available. Just like Skylines are widely available in the States, and considered to be great instruments on these boards. The sad thing is, that none of the instruments are easily found on the same continent (and definitely not in my native Sweden where Sandberg, and other German made basses except for Warwick are more or less unheard of :crying: ). Unless maybe if you take a trip to Station Music in southern Germany.
    If I were you though, I'd go for the Sandberg, since you've played- and liked it. Sandbergs have a solid reputation, and perhaps there's even a possibility for you to order a translucent white one...
  5. Thanks for everyone's input.

I think i'll stick with the sandberg. It's cheaper, the luthier's germanm, so i won't have problems with service, and i already liked it in the store.

It was just an unreasonable craving for the Lakland.