For Sale/Trade Sandberg Classic Booster - WOULD TRADE FOR NICE FRETLESS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lala, May 15, 2021.

1. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Price:
    $1500.
    Strings:
    United States
    Highly underrated, and perhaps undiscovered Sandberg Classic Booster. For me, I was able to achieve more traditional tones from this bass than the other Sandberg I had, which was a TM-2. The placement of these two pickups is unique for Sandberg, and the pre-amp functions differently than the more common Sandbergs. To me it's a winner. This Classic Booster is nearly perfect. Very little handling at all, as I only dabble in Bass, and only in my home studio, alone. It comes with a near-perfect Sandberg gig-bag as well. The body shape is remarkably comfortable, balances nicely, and weighs a reasonable 9.2 LBS. It is 34" scale, and it has 24 frets. The neck is Jazz-bass thin, and the fingerboard is Ebony. A beauty!! REALLY LOOKING FOR A SALE, BUT NOW OPEN TO TRADE IDEAS. I DON'T REALLY NEED ANYTHING, BUT AM OPEN TO YOUR CREATIVE IDEAS, INCLUDING SYNTHESIZERS AND GUITARS AS WELL AS BASSES.
    Price includes shipping in the CONUS. You should not be disappointed with this bass. I love it, but as usual, I have run out of room and am pairing back yet another time.
    Here's a page from Sandberg's site. It doesn't exactly represent my bass it's more generic info to the model.
    Classic booster - Sandberg Guitars

IMG_2374.JPG IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2388.JPG IMG_2389.JPG IMG_2390.JPG IMG_2391.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2394.JPG IMG_2395.JPG IMG_2396.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  2. MrWarwick71

MrWarwick71 Supporting Member

May 1, 2017
    Very cool bass.
    If my fender p sells in time I will be in touch.....

Nuage420 likes this.
  3. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Good luck with your sale! You can actually get a pretty decent P sound out of this Sandberg, as well as the more cutting edge Sandberg "active" tones.

Nuage420 and MrWarwick71 like this.
  4. DanTheQuaker

DanTheQuaker Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    GLWTS. I love my Sandberg Booster and I've ordered another one, that looks just like yours only fretless.

5. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Very cool!!! These are rarely talked about, but oh so good.

6. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Sweet bass!! Someone is going to be very happy:)

7. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Indeed. THX!

Smoothmove likes this.
  8. fedenybass

fedenybass Supporting Member

Buy with confidence here folks! Very cool bass offered up by TB’s finest.

lala likes this.
  9. Jefus

Jefus

Feb 23, 2008
    Sacramento now...
    Man, I've been poking around the past day or two looking to update my current 35" 4-string. This one would be real nice!

Are those pickups 100mm (3.95") x 32mm (1.25")?

10. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I would say so. Using my inexpensive caliper, they measure 100.5mm x 32.5. The pickup cavities themselves are a hair larger than that, to accommodate the pickups themselves.

11. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    If you would like I could post photos using the caliper.

12. Jefus

Jefus

Feb 23, 2008
    Sacramento now...
    It's a 34" scale. They do have an option for 35" but this doesn't appear to have that option.

13. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I stand corrected. Scale is 34". My blunder. Now corrected in my listing.

14. BK bassist

BK bassist Schroeder Cabinets endorsing artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Gorgeous bass, GLWTS

15. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    THX man! Hey, your band sounds great!

BK bassist likes this.
  16. FatCity

FatCity Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    Bump for a very cool bass. If I hadn't just invested in a new rig I would probably be in on this one!

lala likes this.
  17. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    I'm not in the market but I've got to say DAMN, that's a sexy bass :bassist:

18. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    got any interesting trade ideas?

19. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    I know I didn't list this for trades, but I'm always open to unusual ideas. For the right unusual idea, I could supplement with $$. Perhaps for an AC, Lull, Nordy, etc. Would have to be passive 5'er Jazz Bass, ot another 2 P/U situation that was passive.

gscroggin likes this.
  20. gscroggin

gscroggin Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2006
    CT
    Thanks for the question, but based on your post above I don't have anything that fits the bill. Good luck regardless!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021