1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured Sandberg Introduces Victor Brandt Signature Series Bass

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Dec 5, 2020.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Sandberg proudly announces the upcoming release of new signature model with Victor Brandt, bass player of Norwegian symphonic black metal kings DIMMU BORGIR.

Based on the Forty Eight model the Victor Brandt signature was modified to Victor’s exact specifications. The Sandberg Black Label SplitCoil and Sandberg Single Coil T Pickup in special position provides a voluminous and assertive bass sound from aggressive and biting to smooth and fat. In combination with the active/passive switchable Sandberg Black Label 3 band preamp you will get a versatile all- purpose answer for all musical styles.

This black beast is available with alder body on hardcore aged reserve finish and European ash body on matte finish and features a completely blacked out Canadian rock maple neck with matching and reversed headstock as well as an ebony fingerboard with 22 frets for hyper-fast and comfortable playability. It comes equipped with Sandberg ́s custom designed bridge and aluminum light weight tuners.

Killer look, versatile tone and the pinnacle of advanced guitar craftsmanship unite in the Victor Brandt Signature Bass.

SANDBERG Victor Brandt signature - Photo by Maciej Pieloch.jpg

Attached Files:

wintremute, deff, son_of_mogh and 7 others like this.
  2. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Fantastic. If I where a metal guy, this would be a real contender for me. Very cool!

stuffedbread likes this.
  3. El_Charro

El_Charro

Aug 11, 2020
    That’s cool looking, but I have mixed feelings about the ESP/LTD Snakebyte/Explorer look for basses for some reason...

Along those lines...

I was thinking a while back that you don’t see a ton of Gibson Les Paul-like bodies as bass guitars (or not as many as I’d expect based on how popular that guitar model is).

Played an ESP/LTD stream for a bit and almost chose it as my go to bass, but something about the design of the body made for awkward playing.

GREAT sounding bass and it’s what made me upgrade and go for the AP-4, but something about having that body shape made playing just a bit awkward as it felt a sorta unbalanced even when standing.

I wonder if that bass would have a similar issue(?).

[For reference this is the Stream model]:

STREAM-204

BigCactus likes this.
  4. El_Charro

El_Charro

Aug 11, 2020
    Follow up question: Isn’t that the reason people seem to not like the Thunderbird???...

For some reason I have it in my mind that not having a cut away near the body causes terrible neck dive/balance issues and awkward hand position around the 12th fret...

Is anyone able to confirm that based on their experience or is that all just confirmation bias in my head???

5. Been wanting to try a Stream for GAS/“a player I like uses one” reasons, and I wondered if something like what you’re saying might make me regret it. Crappy epi thunderbirds I’ve played in the past have been comfortable enough, just kinda neck divey

This Sandberg looks very tasty, though, and I’m also glad Dimmu is gathering enough steam again to actually hire a full time bassist, including one who’s worthy of a signature model. Hopefully there won’t be 8 years between albums again :bassist:

Also noticing Sandberg getting involved with a lot of euro metal bands I like, might be the wave to get on

El_Charro likes this.
  6. MordBass

MordBass

Nov 1, 2017
    Midwest
    As far as neck dive goes, I have a thunderbird and I've used a warwick thumb in the past. A 4-5" leather strap is pretty much all you need to fix it. They're super comfy and provide the surface area to stop the headstock from going towards the floor.

El_Charro and BigCactus like this.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Next time how about a little demo?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021