1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sandberg Lionel short scale...New condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TK4261, Jan 24, 2021.

1. TK4261

TK4261 Supporting Member

Price:
    $1400
    Strings:
    United States
    For Sale: 2020 Sandberg Lionel 30" short scale...New condition! Received this custom order Sandberg Lionel in Aug. 2020 from Chicago music Exchange. This Bass is amazing and plays like a dream but it is just a tad to heavy for my shoulder to practice and gig with. It weighs 8.9lbs and all my other basses are 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 lbs. I am really bummed cause if it was lighter I would keep it for sure...Action is low. I also had a custom Wenge wood pickguard made for it and some custom wood knobs with Luminlay markers. I will include the original black pickguard and knobs with it also. The Bass is kept in a climate controlled room in a smoke free home.
    Specs:
    2020 Sandberg Lionel 30" short scale bass
    Ash body (clear satin)
    Maple neck with Ebony fretboard (abalone dots) 18.5mm string spacing, 14" fretboard radius.
    Black hardware
    Sandberg Gig Bag

Paid close to $1800 total with taxes + another $100 for the custom pickguard and knobs.

Selling for $1400 shipped in the CONUS

Here is a youtube video I made:

rxvbQgJ.jpg
    E3lzvJv.jpg
    w63kXVW.jpg
    nzegzC5.jpg
    PInqrZZ.jpg
    5sXBvbT.jpg
    BdZlC0J.jpg
    PmqyCv3.jpg
    fjS20MJ.jpg
    nfzXuQB.jpg
    LTzXvXa.jpg

PM me if interested :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    60bass, berman3313, JKos and 14 others like this.
  2. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I was also really bummed these Lionel basses are all so heavy. Especially with Sandberg's SL line of sub 6lb full scale basses. GLWTS.

TK4261 likes this.
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Looks incredible.

roadrunner and TK4261 like this.
  4. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nice! I like a little more heft to the basses without being too much. 8.5-9.0 seems ideal for a four string, IMHO. I'll have to contemplate...

sludgetail and TK4261 like this.
  5. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Mexico, USA
    Does this bass use short scale strings or medium scale? Passive only?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    TK4261 likes this.
  6. TK4261

TK4261 Supporting Member

Sandberg uses their regular 40-100 stainless steel set on the Lionel short scale..Since its 30" short scale sets will work fine also. Sandberg only makes the Lionel's in Passive :thumbsup:

7. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Nice one, sorry it's not working out for you. Mine's heavier than I thought it would be too, but like yours still under 9 pounds which is okay for me. That dense ash does have positive aspects as well, in tone and position flexibility. I think they got all the proportions, contours and ergonomics just right, with the Lionel. GLWTS, someone will be very happy!

I put on a set of D'Addario XL nickel shorts and have a set of Sunbeam shorts to try next.

roadrunner and TK4261 like this.
  8. I've got one of these and can attest - it sounds like a killer full-sized PBass but is much lighter and easier to play. This one looks great too!

nozkcb and TK4261 like this.
  9. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    Nice wenge pickguard.
    GLWTS

TK4261 likes this.
  10. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    To give the seller some more boost I too think 8.5-9lbs is a great weight for a 4 string P type instrument, would snap this up if I had the $ right now, GLWTS brotha

TK4261 likes this.
  11. TK4261

TK4261 Supporting Member

Thank you for all the great comments everyone :thumbsup:

sludgetail likes this.
  12. roadrunner

roadrunner Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2004
    New Mexico, USA
    Best short scale made!

TK4261 likes this.
  13. TK4261

TK4261 Supporting Member

Dropped price to $1400 shipped and just added a set of DR Pure Blues 40-100 strings on it :cool:

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021