1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sandberg PM4 - 2 or 3 band EQ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andrew1306, Mar 14, 2010.

1. andrew1306

andrew1306

Jun 7, 2009
    Hi guys, I'm flip-flopping and maybe your advice can help...

I'm thinking of buying a Sandberg PM4, which would be ordered custom due to the features I want (ebony with blocks!). But what I can't decide is whether to get the 2-band EQ or the 3-band. In general I'm not a big EQ monkey, but as it would be a 'bass-for-life' I seond guess that maybe 3 would be worth it. Then again a fifth knob is even more silly on a P-bass cluttering up the simple lines!

Help!

Andrew

2. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
  3. JulienJeff

JulienJeff

Mar 1, 2009
    Belgium
    I'd go with the 3 bands. I have a PM4, with the 2 bands EQ. It's great and gives me tons of different sounds. but I think a mids knob could be great.

4. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    this one would be killer without b string

5. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    here is a funny presentation of sandberg basses(PM is in it).I dont know about language but it has basses,earthquakes and monsters in it

6. you really dont need a 3 band with the PM.

i am a 3 band guy my self but for the tones you would typically want from the bass all you need is the 2 band, i can understand that you may want the mid scoop or honk that you can get with a MM 3 band though, but personaly i dont see the need for that with my PM5.

im not sure if the mid pot could be stacked anywhere to be honest, but you could have a bass treble stack and a mid pot i suppose, but do glockenklang do the 3 band? or will you have the delano set up?........... actually now i say that since you are going custom you could get the sweet delano pickup config and the swanky delano eq :) (you know the jMM bucker and a P :))

the youtube link is actually a good example of the basic tones of the california series, and the thinline sounds sweet. just cant get over the cheese in presentation though :) but at least it made me smile LOL

7. andrew1306

andrew1306

Jun 7, 2009
    I can only really find this pic on the web of a P with the 3, which I find looks a bit over the top:
    http://www.electricbass.ch/inserate/verkaufe/sandberg-bass-california-pm-5-string/

The Sandberg J's have two smaller knobs for the 2b-EQ so maybe 3 of those on the PM would look ok...The price is not really an issue, I think its 35 euros...

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 4, 2020